Venture Creation Circle (V.C.C)
Let's become a Future Best CEO in Vietnam.
The Venture Creation circle is a business unit within the Office for Technology Commercialization that works with entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors to create new start-up companies based on research at the Soongsil Academy. This unit was established to increase the number and success rate of start-ups founded on IT technologies. The Venture Creation circle employs a proven venture capital model of carefully analyzing start-up companies and then focusing resources on value creation in these companies.
The Venture Creation circle assesses all start-up ideas involving Academic-owned Intellectual Property. The Venture Creation circle prefers to work with start-up opportunities when there is a compelling market strategy, high potential to create substantial return for the Soongsil Academy, and the technology meets an unmet societal need. The Venture Creation circle has the capability to help develop a business plan, recruit management, and facilitate the formation of a new, independent company with a license that grants rights to Soongsil Academy intellectual property.
The Venture Creation circle staff members team with Academy researchers, entrepreneurs, and investors in activities essential to the establishment and success of a new company. Activities include:
- Evaluating and assisting with business plans and executive summaries
- Recruiting a management team and board of directors
- Preparing presentations to investors
- Structuring and negotiating investment terms for the University license
- Finding professional expertise based on prior experience and reputation
Scope of Support
- Office scale: 60㎡
- Lease duration: 1 year (extensive 1 year only)
- Project management/supervision